- Dates: June 21 to July 22
- Symbol: ♋ The Crab ♋
- Planet: The Moon
- House: 4th house – family, home, ancestry, roots
- Element: Water – emotions, intuition
- Quality: Cardinal – initiative, creator
- Receptive, reactive, focus on the emotional and material world
- Corresponding tarot card: The chariot
- Keywords: I Feel
- Positive traits: Nurturing, Intuitive, Devoted, Loving, Creative
- Negative traits: Moody, Oversensitive, Overprotective
- Best love matches: Pisces, Scorpio
- Difficult love matches: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Cancer & the tarot
Cancers are gentle souls who like most being in a place where they feel safe, secure, and happy. Those they let into their originally shy shell, become protected and loved for life. It is difficult to upset the crab from within, but they will snap at anyone who tries to hurt those whom they hold close. The crab is a very caring individual, but can get a little too overprotective. Overall, this is someone who is great to have around if you need someone who can show you genuine love, empathy, and concern. On the shadow side, this is someone who can tend to get quite … crabby.
In tarot, the crab is represented by the major arcana, The Chariot. The Chariot carries a strong warrior who isn’t seen traveling far from his home. He carries with him strong armor, and will defend that what is his. He is sturdy, devoted, and willing to go the extra mile for those he loves. He isn’t the best decision maker, as he can sometimes be torn too far in two directions, but one created, he stands by his decision.
Ride on, dearest crabs!